Renewable Energy Generation
The Green Energy Act, 2009
The Green Energy Act will:
- utilize local distribution companies like Alectra Utilities to deliver energy conservation programs to households and businesses throughout Ontario
- incent Ontarians to invest in renewable sources of energy such as solar, wind, hydro, biomass and biogas
- stream-line approvals for renewable energy projects
- introduce a Feed-in-tariff (FIT) system that provides guaranteed prices for renewable energy generation
- provide the tools to help homeowners better manage their energy consumption
- implement greater energy efficiency standards for existing and new buildings
- establish greater energy efficiency standards for heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems and household appliances
- require mandatory home energy audits prior to the sale of homes
- reduce the amount of greenhouse gases and emissions while eliminating coal-fired generation from the power supply
- create 'green' jobs and improve economic growth in Ontario
Embedded Generation Facilities
The Feed-In-Tariff (FIT) Program, resulting from the introduction of the Green Energy Act (GEA), was created to encourage the production of clean and renewable energy in Ontario. The FIT Program was designed for anyone interested in developing their own renewable energy project - and connecting it to the electricity grid.
The microFIT Program is a modified version of the FIT Program intended for small renewable electricity generating projects.
Series Metering Configuration
Please be advised that Measurement Canada does not approve metering installation configurations that include series connected revenue metering. While the Electrical Distributors Association is actively working (on behalf of all local electric utilities) with Measurement Canada on this item, at this time, Alectra Utilities will only proceed with projects that incorporate a parallel metering configuration.
For more information, contact our Engineering department at (905) 840-6300 ext. 3550 or email fitmicrofit@HydroOneBrampton.com
All contents © 2017 Alectra Utilities. All rights reserved.