Merger and Acquisition Overview
On March 24, 2016, Enersource Corporation, Horizon Utilities Corporation, and PowerStream Inc. announced their intention to merge the three utilities, and purchase Hydro One Brampton Networks Inc., to form the second largest municipally-owned electricity distribution company in North America (based on number of customers), serving close to one million customers in a service territory that encompasses much of the Greater Golden Horseshoe Area.
The transaction will enable this new, larger company to use its collective resources to reduce upward pressure on distribution rates, deliver more efficient services and innovative technologies for its customers, while providing significant benefits for communities and shareholders.
The application, known as MAADs (Mergers, Acquisitions, Amalgamations and Divestitures), was submitted to the Ontario Energy Board on April 15, 2016 and is expected to take approximately six months for regulatory review and approval.
- MAADs - OEB Decision and Order
- MAADs - Notice of Application - ENGLISH
- MAADs - Notice of Application - FRENCH
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Cover Letter
- MAADs - Main Application
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 1-3
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 4-8
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 9
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 10
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 11
- MAADs - Application and Evidence - Attachment 12-23
For more information, please contact:
Director of Customer Care
All contents © 2017 Alectra Utilities. All rights reserved.