Alectra Utilities is Accessible!
The Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07 applies to all organizations, including Alectra Utilities, that provide goods or services either directly to the public or to other organizations in Ontario. The law requires that all public and private sector organizations in Ontario, that have one or more employees, are in compliance with this standard by January 1, 2012. This law is the first of five standards being developed under the AODA.
As required by the AODA customer service standard, Alectra Utilities has established a Corporate Accessibility Policy which sets out Alectra Utilities' commitment to service for people with disabilities.
Alectra Utilities' Commitment to Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities
The AODA customer service standard requires companies to provide services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities, and to take into account a person's disability when communicating with that person.
There are many examples of how Alectra Utilities provides leading service in this area:
- Alectra Utilities' Customer Service can adapt to provide information and will take into account the person's ability to access the information and will provide the document or information contained in the document in a format that meets those needs as agreed upon with the person.
- Alectra Utilities' facilities are wheelchair-accessible.
- Support persons such as a family member or a sign-language interpreter assisting a customer are welcome and accommodated at Alectra Utilities; this also applies to service animals such as guide dogs.
- Serving more than 150,000 customers, our team is patient and adaptable when assisting customers and/or residents in the City of Brampton.
Alectra Utilities' Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (April 2016)
Call our local TTY number at 905-452-5533
In our on-going commitment to you, our customer, our front reception area has been adapted to provide accessible customer service to persons of all ability levels. We have also installed a teletypewriter (TTY) for our hearing impaired customers, for any customer service needs. In addition, our staff have been trained on how to better serve customers with disabilities.
At Alectra Utilities, it is important to us how we interact with the public and in meeting everyone’s needs. Feedback is fundamental in helping us continue to improve the high quality of service we provide to members of the public with disabilities.
If you wish to submit your feedback on the services Alectra Utilities provides to people with disabilities, kindly complete the following Accessibility Feedback Form and submit by mail, email, or verbally via phone.
Accessibility Feedback Form
1. Print, complete and submit the completed form and mail to:
Alectra Utilities - Accessibility/HR
175 Sandalwood Parkway West
2. Email to: accessibilityBrampton@alectrautilities.com
3. By Phone, please call 905-840-6300 extension 3561 to give your feedback verbally.
If you need help, just ask us!
Contact us if you have any comments, questions and suggestions about the provision of our services to people with disabilities.
For more information on the Province's Accessibility initiative, please visit www.accesson.ca
All contents © 2017 Alectra Utilities. All rights reserved.